Potash Production Process
PC has the capacity to produce an approximate total of 2.5 million tons per year of potash via its three plants in Jordan:
The Hot Leach Plant (HLP), the Cold Crystallization Plant (CCP I), and the New Cold Crystallization Plant (CCP II).
The production process can be summarized as follows:
1. Dead Sea brine is pumped to solar ponds through Dead Sea Pumping Station, and an initial concentration process is developed.
2. Salt (NaCl) precipitates in the salt ponds and removed from the ponds by salt dredgers.
3. Brine transferred to carnallite pond after adjusting brine concentration to achieve satisfactory carnallite production.
4. Carnallite deposits are harvested and pumped as a slurry by special harvesters.
5. The harvested carnallite is pumped to three refineries: Hot Leach Plant (HLP) Cold Crystallization Plant I (CCP1), and Cold Crystallization Plant II (CCP2) where the production process starts.
6. Produced Potash with respect to each grade are being stored in the plant’s warehouses & transported to APC Aqaba port warehouses by trucks before the final shipment to APC’s customers by vessels.